Thessaloniki City Configurator [v3.0]

Support for all FSDG products
EmilG

Thessaloniki City Configurator [v3.0]

Post by EmilG » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:53 am

We have updated Thessaloniki X City Configurator to v3.0 (from your Aerosoft/simMarket accounts) to reduce scenery complexity and memory usage, for those users who wish to run multiple other heavy (memory consuming) add-ons in parallel.
For optimised FSX display settings, please get advice from the product's manual.

Instructions

Please be sure that FSX is shut down before running the configurator.

You will find three options:

-Default Scenery
-LITE Scenery
-LITE II Scenery (for multiple heavy add-ons)

Note that that 'pathcing' will only correctly work 'one-way'

You can only go:
-From Default downward to LITE
-From Default downward to LITE II
-From LITE downward to LITE II

If you want to switch to LITE or LITE II, but you are not sure which version is currently installed,
you should always re-run the tool and select Default Scenery to bring back the original files.

Once this is done, run the configurator again and pick the version you like.

curbz
FS-Version: FS9

Re: Thessaloniki City Configurator [v2.0]

Post by curbz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Would it be possible to provide some further detail about what changes the configurator makes to the scenery i.e. what we will notice as a user or lose from the scenery for the two LITE levels?

I'm interested as around the city I have no issues and maintain a steady 30fps (locked) but the fps fluctuates a lot more on the runway and apron dipping down to 15-16fps. I haven't experienced any memory issues. So was wondering if the LITE versions will increase the fps, but at what cost to the look of the scenery. As I say, the city performance is excellent so wouldn't really want a drop in quality or volume of scenery in that area, just in and around the airport.

This is with the PMGD737-800 NGX selected by the way and in the Thessaloniki Manager all options enabled (except for the runways with building works). I also try turning some things off - like the 3D grass etc.

Thanks.

EmilG

Re: Thessaloniki City Configurator [v3.0]

Post by EmilG » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:56 am

Hi,

There are two versions LITE, and LITE II. Since you are not having memory issues, I would not advise changing your setup since you are not going to gain any serious frames.

-LITE: reduced density in areas that are outside your approach path,
-LITE II: reduced amount of buildings outside&inside the approach path.

The transition and visual effect is almost invisible for LITE and barely visible for LITE II, especially when flying the approach.

I think performance is generally very good on the NGX, I understand some dips though, esepcially if AI is turned on quite high. LGTS tends to get un-realistically crowded above 20%

To gain some performance (by FPS), I would experiment with 3D grass, and a couple of other stuff from the scenery manager (i.e. statics), although 3D grass would be the most important.
Another change would be to de-activate AESLite traffic which can also reduce frames a bit.