Kastellorizo LGKJ - Please Help

Support for all FSDG products
Majestyk
FS-Version: FS9

Kastellorizo LGKJ - Please Help

Post by Majestyk » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello Emilios and Thorsten,

I saw that you posted some missing effect files for Kastellorizo. I have a very strange problem and hope that you can help me. I run Kastellorizo in DX10 mode and everything works fine at night, I have no issues whatsoever. The problem is that during the day all the blue taxiway lights show a black box around them, as per these 2 screenshots:

It's very strange, as the lights are off, so I don't know what's going on. At night, when the lights are on, there is no problem.

Do you have any idea please how to fix this problem, as it spoils the realism of the airport during the day :cry:

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Sean

EmilG

Re: Kastellorizo LGKJ - Please Help

Post by EmilG » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:02 am

Hi Sean,

This scenery (like most, if not all sceneries) is not compatible with DX10 mode. Although most aspects might display fine, you are likely to run into trouble with some of the materials in the airport.

Majestyk

Post by Majestyk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:24 am

Hi there Emilios,

Thank you so much for your reply. I realise that many sceneries had DX10 mode problems, but almost all of these issues have now been solved by fixes available from FSX users. Like I said, I do not have a single issue with any night lighting, everything works perfectly, as you can see here:

As far as I'm aware, the DX10 mode issues were almost all about night lighting, but the problem I have here is during the day. It seems like there is a texture missing, a shadow or something.

You have made one of the most amazing sceneries that exists for FSX and I'm hoping you or Thorsten could please help to fix this.

So I ask you once again Emilios, as I'm sure there are others with the same problem, please help me fix this, please Emilios.

Best regards,

Sean

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Can you tell me if you have the same problems with other lights in the scenery? for example, streetlamps?

G.Wigand

Post by G.Wigand » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Sean,

Well it looks like Emilios and Thorsten either cannot or are unwilling to help you.

After reading about your problem, I fired up the scenery in DX10 too and saw the same problem. I spent about 4 hours on Google sifting through various discussions and I have great news for you, I fixed it! Take a look:

I've uploaded the fix here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!2JBFHaQI!Y0ndG2xcD ... ZA74LJssEk

Just download the fixed BGL file and drop it into the scenery folder of the Kastellorizio X installation folder. Make sure you backup the LGKJ_AirportLights.BGL file before overwriting it.

And a note to FSDG:

I am someone with zero developer experience and it took me roughly 4 hours to come up with a solution for Sean. I would expect more from a world-class developer such as FSDG. We support you guys by buying your scenery and raving about how great it is. We share screenshots of your amazing scenery everywhere to entice others to buy it too. Is it really too much to ask to fix such a minor problem? Is it too much to ask that you guys spend a little extra time to make your scenery DX10 compatible? Please guys, there is a major overhaul of DX10 going on:

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/

It looks like DX10 will be fixed in the next few weeks, so please please please make your future sceneries compatible for DX10!

You guys are one of the top 5 developers for FSX and Prepar3D, please keep up the good work, your sceneries are always amazing ;-)

Best wishes,

Gottfried

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Gottfried.

Appreciate the effort to help here, and you kind words.

Like I said, none of the sceneries officially support DX10 mode, at least until we have a solid update that runs smoothly in most users. Until then, we can only hope some minor fixes can be done, like this one.

As you can understand, we cannot provide individual users' updates.

I was just now looking at including the fix in our new v1.1 update, but you've beaten me to it :)

G.Wigand

Post by G.Wigand » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Good evening Emilios,

Thanks for your kind words and excellent to hear that my fix will be included in your next update ;-)

I understand that DX10 mode is not officially supported, but I can assure you that with the new DX10 fixes available now, more and more airports are 100% or almost 100% DX10 compatible.

As it stands at the moment, the only thing left to make Kastellorizo airport 100% DX10 compatible is to fix the PAPI lights, as the red and white PAPI lights do not show up at all in DX10, all that is visible are the actual PAPI light structures, but not the light beams themselves.

Is there a chance that you will fix the PAPI for DX10 please?

Best wishes,

Gottfried

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:31 pm

PAPI lights cannot be made compatible at the moment, at least not from our end.
If Steve comes up with something that will take care of that, that'd be nice.

Like I said before, we can only do little from our side to make things work 100% on 'DX10 preview' mode.

We will not officially support DX10 until we are assured that it has reached the point of being 'bug-free' for most end-users.