Deutschland x small probelm

Support for all FSDG products
andy26
FS-Version: FS9

Deutschland x small probelm

Post by andy26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Hello Thorsten , I have been running dex for a few weeks now and i am very pleased with it , but i have one small problem that is on the north german island group of amrum, wyk auf Fohr , and sylt i do not have any trees ,there are houses and wind generators ..but no trees , just those 3 islands are effected the other smaller island of pellworm is not effected , there might be one more very small island in the area ..not sure now sorry , on the direct mainland all is ok and in no other place do i see a problem ,the whole area of north german is packed with auto gen , everything there and very nice it is to, i intsalled dex twice on two different hard drives , one did have orb x addons , i followed the installation instructions closely and did not have any problems , on this drive only had active sky , and a traffic add on ...the libiary order was correct . I did then buy a new 500 GB SSD ...clean install of everything eg micro flight x and dex ... nothing else to rule out other problems from add ons like orb x , the same problem occurred ....just these 3 islands are effect , no trees . I have no third party mesh or stuff intsalled , just flight sim x and dex . I have since installed areosoft airfeilds 1 and 2 for that area , the airfeilds on wky / Fhor , sylt , then produce trees around the airfeild area ...of course those that came with the airfield package and nothing to do with dex . I hope i have explained the problem in detail and you can undersatand it , i was surprised with the clean installation i still had the problem , any ideas ? what it could be , i am running windows 7 ,64 bit , sandy bridge 2600k i7 , 8 GB ram , Drive 1 raptor 600 gb , Drive 2 SSD 500 Gb , Nvidia 480 1500 ram version , new drivers , otherwise no overclocking just the turbo on , ...also got hamburg airport add on installed and with everything turned up still getting around 20/ 30 frame rates , else were the frame rates are up in the 50s , so the hardware seems to be ok , and generally as i said everywere thick with auto gen , not a massive problem but few trees would be nice on the islands 8-) i will try to post some screen shoots ,many thanks andy .

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Deutschland x small probelm

Post by horst18519 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:11 pm

That is in fact not a bug. After trying some different autogen, we decided to not place any on those islands. In reality, they have very sparse vegetation as well, mostly small trees or bushes. The default FSX autogen offers nothing that would look very realistic there, so we decided against autogen on those islands.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

andy26
FS-Version: FS9

Re: Deutschland x small probelm

Post by andy26 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Thorsten ,thanks for the quick reply ,i thought it might be so ...never mind it does not distract from the enjoyment from dex , the islands are small .....but perhasp i could talk you into a upate ...of a few trees 8-) at a later date , would that be diffcult , i know i am pushen it a bit :) well thanks , andy
Attachments
fsx 2013-07-11 16-14-13-05.jpg
a pic of keil ,just to show theres plenty of auto gen