Misplaced ships and missing golf course

Support for all FSDG products
shasta62
FS-Version: FS9

Post by shasta62 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello Thorsten,

in Travemünde I found ships at the Privall (red), although they belong to the other side of the Trave river, where the Ferry docks are located. In Addition there is a huge Brown field instead of the golf course North of Travemünde (blue). Maybe this could be changed later with a patch?

Cheers
Christian

PS: Any News concerning the trees and houses on the beaches around the Baltic Sea? I also found them around Dahme in Schleswig Holstein.
Attachments
Travemünde.jpg

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Misplaced ships and missing golf course

Post by horst18519 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:38 am

Hello Christian,

we're looking into the UTX issue right now.

Both golf courses (Travemünde and Maritim) should be placed correctly as seen on the attached screenshot.
It looks like you may have leftovers from the original DEX installation, please make sure to completely remove that (also old "DEX" additions to the terrain.cfg) before installing the current version.

The ships are part of the German Airfields 2 series, I guess they park there waiting for their schedule. FSX has a weird way of parking AI ships...
Attachments
Travemuende.jpg
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

shasta62

Post by shasta62 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Hello Thorsten,

unfortunately this didn´t work. I deinstalled DEX reloaded, scanned the HDD for any filenames with DEX in them, used a terrain.cfg with no DEX entries (from before I installed DEX) and also a default.xml from before the original Aerosoft DEX installation, but no luck. The golf courses are still brown. It seems, like the golf course texture is substituted with the brown one :( I have no idea, where to look else for DEX files from the previous installation.

Cheers
Christian

PS: I just found out, that by disabeling UT Europe the brown texture is gone and the correct texture is visible, so it is obviously an UT Europe interference problem (UT Europe is far far down in the scenery library).

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:32 pm

I see the problem. UT indeed seems to cause issues with our beach and golf course definitions. We'll look into this...
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Ok, that was a tricky one. UT golf courses are defined as polygons (which is not the best of ideas as you will have lots of cut off fairways) whereas DEX golf courses are raster landclass. UT polys are rendered above DEX raster landclass in that case, not nice.
We solved the issue by explicitely excluding the UT golf course and beach polygons though. Please use attached exclude files.
Attachments
DEX_North_Excludes_Fix_1.zip
(24.46 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

shasta62

Post by shasta62 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello Thorsten,

thank you very much for the new exclude file - it works perfectly for the beaches and golf courses. I´d like to thank you very much for your fast support - I´m really happy with DEX North reloaded! Since I live in Lüneburg and fly in real life around northern Germany from Hamburg Finki I´m happy to recognize in FSX what I know from real life.
Probably I´ll bother you in the future with more issues when I find them (e.g. missing autogen on both shores around the Fehmarn-Sund bridge ;-) ), but all in all I´m really happy with DEX.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend
Christian