Eggebek Navy 'Blackout' in DEX

Support for all FSDG products
Corkery
FS-Version: FS9

Eggebek Navy 'Blackout' in DEX

Post by Corkery » Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Flying over Eggebek navy base with DEX installed I was surprised to see the base effectively 'redacted' by big grey/black boxes. This is not an effect I've seen before due to a scenery error. Thoughts?

Cheers
Tony C.
Cheers Tony C.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Eggebek Navy 'Blackout' in DEX

Post by horst18519 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Tony. I'm a bit disappointed though that you didn't recognize those features as solar panels. I guess I'l have to improve my modeling quality... :blush:

Eggebek is no longer an airport, it is now mainly used as a solar park, in fact one of the biggest in the world!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggebek_Solar_Park

You'll find several of those solar parks in DEX (another huge one in Oldenburg, but also some smaller ones), for further details please read the manual, chapter "renewable engery".

A screenshot of the Oldenburg solar park can be seen here: download/file.php?id=762&mode=view
That is how Eggebek should look as well, if not, please post a screenshot.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Corkery
FS-Version: FS9

Post by Corkery » Tue May 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks. I didn't mean to insult your modelling :hihi: It was just the direction I flew passed the old base I couldn't see the detail of the panels and not expecting these solar panels I was confused :blush: As you can see from my second pass screen grab it is quite obviously solar panels. I hadn't been to Eggebek since I visited with the RAF in the early 80s (They still had F104s!) and didn't know it had been retired.
Attachments
Second Pass.jpg
Screen grab that cleared up the confusion
First Pass.jpg
Screen Grab which fooled me a couple of days ago.
Cheers Tony C.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Good to know everything looks like it's supposed to. Yes, they closed down the military base and in fact the complete airfield (obviously, if you look at the runway :D ), but the hangars and fighter bunkers are still there.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com