Djerba X (FS2004) : can't get rid of the default building

Support for all FSDG products
Alexair

Re: Djerba X (FS2004) : can't get rid of the default buildin

Post by Alexair » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 am

Hello Thorsten,

Well, that's a good news. I'm very glad to see that you are taking care of your valuable customers and that you are following there "complaint"... :blush:

Keep up with the good work mate!! :cool:

Alex
You can't soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!

Jeepee
FS-Version: P3Dv3

Post by Jeepee » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:53 pm

horst18519 wrote:Yes, that is more or less what I would expect with shadows on. You can't compare a scenery that has shadows with another one that has none. It's like comparing 2 apples with 1 apple.

But I think we'll soon release a small update with some performance improvements for FS9, for shadow-users and others as well.
Thanks a lot, Thorsten; we will all appreciate !
In this update, any chance to consider a proper alpha channel for all texture file, as well as an exclusion file ?
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE
Captain B737 & B787
TUI Airlines Belgium (trading as TUIfly.com)

Alexair

Post by Alexair » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 am

Hello y'all,

I'm just wondering if you can give us news about the "patch" regarding FPS issue?

Communication is very important for customers... ;-)

Kind regards,

Alex

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:42 pm

The update is ready, but unfortunately I wasn't able to finish the manual before flying to a research trip for one of our next projects. The update will be released this week.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Alexair

Post by Alexair » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello Thorsten,

Ok great news!!

Don't worry about the delay, We are all patient. I was just looking for some news.

Keep up with the good work mate ;-)

Alex

Alexair

Post by Alexair » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:33 am

Hello Y'all, hello Thorsten,

First of all, an update has been released but no announcement... We knew that an update was on the way but no information whatsoever about the release. Lack of communication again.

Then concerning framerate issue before/after release of the update, here is 2 screenshots that will say more than words :

Yes, you see it well : 148 FPS drop from looking 90° from Djerba then straight at it !!!!

And this is without any weather nor AI !! (it's dropping well below 10FPS if I add clouds layer and I'm not even talking about AI).

I never had such a drop with any other scenery (Monastir, Orly X, Nice X, JFK FsDreamteam, Budapest, Kaitak Tampa, etc...).

Now, will you still telling me that it is a shadow option issue?? I really doubt it if not all other scenery I mentionned above would have the same issue...

Don't want to be a bad guy here but it is obvious that there is an issue here...
Last edited by horst18519 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing oversized images

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:30 am

Alex, please don't post screenshots that don't fit the forum. Don't exceed 800 pix width.

Could you please tell us more about your specs? PC system, usual framerates on airports, scenery and gfx settings. Do you or do you not use the scenery shadow option and does it affect the framerate?

There will be an announcement as soon as the update is released by Aerosoft. At the moment only the SimMarket update is available so we want to wait until all users can access the files. You shouldn't always expect the worst. ;-)
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Alexair

Post by Alexair » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello Thorsten,

Sorry about the oversized screenshots, I didn't think about resizing them before posting (was in a hurry a that time).

My spec :

Acer Predator Aspire G7700

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
8 Gb Memory
DirectX 11
Vista Home Premium 64bits
FS9.1 with 4Gb special patch

2 X Nvidia GeForce 9600GT (2 x 4Gb memory)
24" Acer G24 screen

For my FS9 settings :

Absolutely all FS9 sliders set to MAX (including shadow option). FPS locked at 35 FPS
Not using AI as I'm flying on IVAO
Using ActiveSky 6.5 (unlimited number of clouds layers)

I'm using Ultimate Terrain Europe (set to MAX) and worlwide MESH by FsGlobal 2008
AES, Orly X, CDG Payware, Kaitak Tampa, JFK FsDreaTeam, etc...
Wilco Airbus, PMDG MD11, SSTSIM Concorde, F100 DA, etc...

With this configuration and as an exemple, I have about 15-20 FPS at Orly X daylight with several clouds layers, rain, AES, some AI from IVAO, weather radar from RealityXP, and payware aircraft like Wilco Airbus or PMDG MD11 (would be around 25 FPS if clear weather).

For Djerba, totally clear weather, no Ultimate Terrain, no AI traffic, and basic freeware aircraft I've got barely 10 FPS with the update. If I add ActiveSky weather (some clouds layers) and payware aircraft then it go down around 5-10 FPS. Almost impossible to use this scenery in this case, and actually I only used DjerbaX for testing.

If I remove the shadow option, I have around 8 FPS more (I've got about the same on other payware sceneries). Still below other scenery average FPS. Especially when we consider the (rather) small size of the scenery (compared to JFK FsDreamTeam for exemple).

As for the update, I confirm that there is one available on Aerosoft.

Keep working hard mate, I'm sure you will find a way to improve performance once for good... ;-)

Alex