It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 am




 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:14 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 13
Hi all,

FSDG have miss-understood the new Prepar3d v4 installtion process and instead is downloading the whole scenery into My documents.

We should be able to install where we want (as most of us have P3d on a seperate drive and not on the c drive).
I've done a work around by moving manually everything across to D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\FSDG\ for example, and editing manually the addon.xml file to point to the new paths.

What I can't do is move the scenery config editor as that is too engrained into pointing to My documents.

Are you guys working on new installers as Aerosoft have suggested?

Alex


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am 

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:03 am
Posts: 1
aceridgey wrote:
Hi all,

FSDG have miss-understood the new Prepar3d v4 installtion process and instead is downloading the whole scenery into My documents.

We should be able to install where we want (as most of us have P3d on a seperate drive and not on the c drive).
I've done a work around by moving manually everything across to D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\FSDG\ for example, and editing manually the addon.xml file to point to the new paths.

What I can't do is move the scenery config editor as that is too engrained into pointing to My documents.

Are you guys working on new installers as Aerosoft have suggested?

Alex

I would appreciate new installers too, because I do not want to fill my SSD C drive with sceneries...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:49 pm 

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 13
Is anyone going to answer this from support instead of ignoring?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm
Posts: 751
We are indeed working on a way to include individual paths in our installers but this process will take a bit longer than expected.



_________________
- Thorsten -

Image
FSDG-online.com
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 am 

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 13
horst18519 wrote:
We are indeed working on a way to include individual paths in our installers but this process will take a bit longer than expected.


Good to hear,

Thanks for that


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm
Posts: 751
You will be happy to learn that we just released our first nextgen installer that allows custom install locations for P3Dv4: Click!
Bodrum is our test balloon. If everything works as expected, we'll update the other installers within the next 2 weeks.



_________________
- Thorsten -

Image
FSDG-online.com
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 am 

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 13
horst18519 wrote:
You will be happy to learn that we just released our first nextgen installer that allows custom install locations for P3Dv4: Click!
Bodrum is our test balloon. If everything works as expected, we'll update the other installers within the next 2 weeks.


That is really excellent news, thank you

I also love the idea of these lite airports. I sincerely hope they prove popular!


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: