Seychelles by FSDG

Flightsim discussions, feedback, small talk - but no support!
danbw9
FS-Version: FS9

Seychelles by FSDG

Post by danbw9 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:38 am

Hello!

I really do hope this is true. I have been waiting for a Seychelles scenery in 8 years, ever since visiting there. I am greatly appreciative of the scheduled scenery released within the last quarter for this year, however, I would like to see some previews in the form of screenshots, as well as clarification that this project is genuine, since it just suddenly appeared on the schedule board, ahead of Thessaloniki as well as Copenhagen. I feel that this is ominous. Any explanation?

Thanks in advance and thank you for your understanding!
PC 1: i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz, GTX 770 2GB, 8 GB-2400, 1TB SSD/1TB HDD
PC 2: (Laptop): i7-3610QM @ 2.3-3.3GHz, GT 640, 8 GB, 1TB HDD

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Seychelles by FSDG

Post by horst18519 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:14 am

We're glad you spotted the new addition to our timetable, and yes, it was meant as a surprise that we kept this new project top secret until just before release. We hope you will like it: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1921
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Tobyrichards768

Post by Tobyrichards768 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Pretty neat scenery this with some cosy airports twitter fits perfectly too.

a few suggestions though

- more ground traffic at the international airport(FSIA) | I only found only two vehicles going around
- animated people and golf carts awaiting you after you land at Islands like fregate and denis
Likewise have ground staff at praslin
- domestic aircraft(twotter) parking only one proper parking spot for the twotter on the same apron as the rest of the large aircraft close to small domestic terminal.

All ideas inspired from YouTube videos purpose of more realism and better scenery

greetings,

toby

thokle
FS-Version: FS11

Post by thokle » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Tobyrichards768 wrote:Pretty neat scenery this with some cosy airports twitter fits perfectly too.

a few suggestions though

- more ground traffic at the international airport(FSIA) | I only found only two vehicles going around
- animated people and golf carts awaiting you after you land at Islands like fregate and denis
Likewise have ground staff at praslin
- domestic aircraft(twotter) parking only one proper parking spot for the twotter on the same apron as the rest of the large aircraft close to small domestic terminal.

All ideas inspired from YouTube videos purpose of more realism and better scenery

greetings,

toby
Very good suggestions. I also agree.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas

kodo

Post by kodo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Oh yes ! Like Tokle and toby, i agree. And i looking for a good AI traffic (WOAI or GAIT) do not work with your scenery. So, UT2 is compatible or not ? Best regard !

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Well, WoAI and GAIT should work with the scenery, it's just that their FS9-style traffic files disable our nice AI Twin Otter and AI ship traffic - but apart from that, you can use both packages.
We rather recomment UT2 or MyTraffic though, they're the best traffic addons you can get at the moment, at least in my personal opinion.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

kodo

Post by kodo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:33 pm

FS9 files and AI traffic... It's an eternal problem... But if i load WOAI or GAITT (with your twin otter ai disable) other planes not appear too. So last solution : UT2 ! Or AIFP :cool: .

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Not sure what you mean. Do you have aircraft shadows enabled? This would lead to problems at FSIA with the night lights, but that's not related to the WoAI models.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

kodo

Post by kodo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:31 am

Thank you very much Horst ! effectivly, it was the shadows. Now, my traffic is right. Otherwise, why do you think about others suggestions (people at airports...) ? Best regard.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:38 am

We tried to create the airports close to how they look in reality. You have very sparse ground traffic at all airports, even at FSIA. I tried more than 2 animated vehicles, but it looked too unrealistic, with several cars driving around the airport, but only 1 or 2 AI aircraft on the apron. It makes more sense to use AES to only have additional animated vehicles when you are at the gate with your own aircraft.
Animated people: Well, there are those who love them, and there are others who don't even notice them. For Seychelles, we focused on animated animals, as (in reality) you definitely run into more animals than humans there.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

thokle

Post by thokle » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Can you also please merge the default.xml (autogen) with the one from Orbx? I use FTX Global and I had switched to default mode before I installed the Seychelles. However I noticed some trees on the runway at Alphonse Island. I deactivated the autogen in the FSX menu and the trees on the runway were gone.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas

mikced

Post by mikced » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Anyone know how to get good airport charts for the airports in this scenery? Any help much appriciated

Mike

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:05 pm

There are few charts available for FSIA and FSPP, and those that can be found are probably not legal, so I can't give you a link here. Google is your friend, though.

@thokle: As usual, enabling any ftx region can affect other addons like Seychelles X. Best disable the ftx mode as well as unselecting "Orbx trees" in ftx central if you want to use Seychelles X unaffected.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

thokle

Post by thokle » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:01 am

horst18519 wrote:There are few charts available for FSIA and FSPP, and those that can be found are probably not legal, so I can't give you a link here. Google is your friend, though.

@thokle: As usual, enabling any ftx region can affect other addons like Seychelles X. Best disable the ftx mode as well as unselecting "Orbx trees" in ftx central if you want to use Seychelles X unaffected.
Okay, thank you very much.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas

mikced

Post by mikced » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:30 am

I see no AI traffic on th islands any time of day. I use Flight 1 UT2 but no other traffic addon. Also I ise DX10 preview. Are these selections and addon the reason or was AI a selection that I might have deselected during Seychelles installation. If so is ther a way to selected it now or must I reinstall the whole package?

Thanks

Mikael cedergren

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 pm

You should be able to see AI traffic if you use UT2. You might have to disable aircraft shadows though, to see UT2 AI aircraft on the runway at FSIA.
UT2 will probably not generate any traffic between the islands, that's why we provided traffic files and models for Twin Otter traffic between FSIA, FSPP and a few other islands. You should definitely see Twin Otters commuting between FSIA and FSPP, if that's not the case, there must be some FS9 traffic bgl somewhere that prevents it.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com