It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reailty or consistency?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:09 am 

Hey guys,

I have a question which I keep asking myself, and I woud like hear your thoughts.

While developing an airport, we usually contact various people to get hold of detailed resources regarding airport equipment specifications such as lighting structure for the taxiways, runways, hold short points, approach lighting systems etc. In the case of some airports, especially for smaller airports or those located in more remote areas, there are a few inconsistencies regarding the placement of such equipment.

So here goes the question:
Stick with absolute realism even if that means a few missing elements, or would you rather have it the way it is supposed to be ??

FSDG-online.com

Post subject: Re: Reailty or consistency?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 pm 

Hi Emilios,

That’s an interesting question you've asked.

Some airports (Greek islands I’m thinking of especially) seem to be different from each other and not follow any particular regulations or standards. So having the same elements, equipment or layout at each airport I don’t think would look good.

I think it looks good (and realistic) to have airports with their real features (even if it means it doesn’t comply with regulations).

Having add-on airports in FS made as realistic as their real work counterpart is a good thing.

I hope I’ve answered your question fully?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 pm 

flylgw wrote:
I hope I’ve answered your question fully?

Yes , thanks :)

That's the sort of feedback I am looking to get from this discussion.

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 am 

I think it would be good to have each airport as realistic as possible.
That's what we're paying our money for and as your name is already known for very realistic and good looking airports it would be nice if you continue the way you're doing it now.

I have to say that in case it is just a very small item preventing you from creating an overall interesting destination and one can barely notice it's not 100% as the real counterpart it would be ok for me if you'd do an airport not 100% but only 99% as the real one.
This should in my opinion only be the latest option if nothing else helps though.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]