It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Page 4 of 7 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Copenhagen X
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:04 pm 

Indeed, this project is delayed.

Copenhagen is also based on external development and some delays are to be expected.

Sorry for this, we hope to amuse you with some tasty previews.

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 pm 

Thanks for the update!
Uhh - tasty previews? When? :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:24 pm 

AndenG wrote:
Thanks for the update!
Uhh - tasty previews? When? :)

Once we have a clearer picture of the release schedule, you will get more info and screenies ;)

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:18 pm 

So I finally persuaded Thorsten to send me a copy of the "alpha" version of Copenhagen X and he allowed me to share a screenshot with you. I had some trouble uploading the picture directly to the forum, so instead I had to post it externally. It looks super crisp!

http://oi46.tinypic.com/u6mtx.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:24 pm 

pdmm wrote:
So I finally persuaded Thorsten to send me a copy of the "alpha" version of Copenhagen X and he allowed me to share a screenshot with you. I had some trouble uploading the picture directly to the forum, so instead I had to post it externally. It looks super crisp!

You very, very evil person! :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm 

Jakob Marker wrote:
pdmm wrote:

You very, very evil person! :cry:

Aww...common :) It was harmless ;-)
It was pretty obvious :hihi:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:57 pm 

good one!

was almost ready to call Thorsten ;)

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:25 pm 

EmilG wrote:
good one!

was almost ready to call Thorsten ;)

:D

Actually, the picture was taken in the tunnel towards the "Go Terminal" :-) So at least it had something to do with Copenhagen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 pm 

Why do you keep delaying projects like Copenhagen X, but you are starting on new projects in the meantime like Thessaloniki X??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 pm 

SandefjordTorp wrote:
Why do you keep delaying projects like Copenhagen X, but you are starting on new projects in the meantime like Thessaloniki X??

Not all projects are being developed by the same developers.

In the case of EKCH a big part of the project is also based on external development, and hence some unexpected delays.

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:01 pm 

EmilG wrote:
SandefjordTorp wrote:

Not all projects are being developed by the same developers.

In the case of EKCH a big part of the project is also based on external development, and hence some unexpected delays.

But why not focus on EKCH? I think the market for Copenhagen X is a lot larger than for Thessaloniki. Actually Copenhagen-Kastrup is the biggest airport in Scandinavia, so I would believe that the market i quite large for that airport.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 pm 

Agreed.
But like I said, it is not a competition between Thessaloniki and Copenhagen.

Every project has its own development team. Some developer teams can just progress faster than others.

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm 

Okay, but how are the progresson on this project? Any previews of the terminal, or anything basically? ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:34 pm 

Agreed! Very long time since last screenshot or progress report! Sounds a bit like this project has went to dead.
Btw. How is part of this external development you are talking about? Remember when this project was officially announced, that 29palms also was part of this project.
So is 29palms the answer of this external development?
Looking so much forward to this scenery! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:40 pm 

Like the previous posters, I would be very sad if this project went dead.

Aerosoft have several Scandinavian airports on sale: Stavanger, Trondheim, Oslo and Stockholm, but the largest of them all, Copenhagen, is missing!

Yes, I know about that *other* Copenhagen scenery which is available.
I already own it and I'm very disappointed with it!
Fx. runway in use is *always* 22L/R no matter what the wind direction/speed is!
And while some buildings have a reasonably realistic appearance, others are just grey standard boxes.
The AFCAD file is hopeless - placing much too large aircraft on A- and B-gates and the taxiway usage is completely unrealistic.
In brief: The currently available scenery is significantly lacking in quality and I can't wait for something better...

Hoping that your work on the EKCH scenery will continue, I have a few comments that may have your interest:

In the very first post of this thread, EmilG provides some screen shots.
The hangar in the first picture is used by M Goldsmith Aviation and was significantly altered last year. It is now dark grey with large Goldsmith Aviation titles and logo.
The ex Maersk Air/Sterling hangar in the second picture, having been empty for a few years after Sterling's bankruptcy, is now used by Norwegian, and as a result the Sterling banner that is shown in your picture is long gone.

New gates (D6, D8, D10 and D12, one of them A380-capable) will open this summer. They are located along TWY S, between gate D4 and the Go terminal.

Gates C34, C36 and C38 were recently reconstructed and are now called C34 only.

I hope you can incorporate these changes in your work, so that when the scenery is eventually released, it is as close to reality as possible.

Working at the airport, let me know if there's further stuff (pictures, info) from here you need and I'll see what I can do for you.

Finally, a question: A group of Danish FS enthusiasts have produced a freeware scenery called DanVFR, which provides corrected coast lines and lots of landmarks all across Denmark; not least in the Copenhagen area. Will your scenery be compatible with this?

Rgds
JB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 pm 

Guys, please let's not drift off that much. The project is not dead, is alive and well :) There is no doubt that EKCH will be released by us.

You will have a progress report and news on development once we are able to give it.

@janbroe
Thanks! will pm you soon for more details

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 pm 

janbroe wrote:

Aerosoft have several Scandinavian airports on sale: Stavanger, Trondheim, Oslo and Stockholm, but the largest of them all, Copenhagen, is missing!

Yes, I know about that *other* Copenhagen scenery which is available.
I already own it and I'm very disappointed with it!
Fx. runway in use is *always* 22L/R no matter what the wind direction/speed is!
And while some buildings have a reasonably realistic appearance, others are just grey standard boxes.
The AFCAD file is hopeless - placing much too large aircraft on A- and B-gates and the taxiway usage is completely unrealistic.
In brief: The currently available scenery is significantly lacking in quality and I can't wait for something better...

Hoping that your work on the EKCH scenery will continue, I have a few comments that may have your interest:

In the very first post of this thread, EmilG provides some screen shots.
The hangar in the first picture is used by M Goldsmith Aviation and was significantly altered last year. It is now dark grey with large Goldsmith Aviation titles and logo.
The ex Maersk Air/Sterling hangar in the second picture, having been empty for a few years after Sterling's bankruptcy, is now used by Norwegian, and as a result the Sterling banner that is shown in your picture is long gone.

New gates (D6, D8, D10 and D12, one of them A380-capable) will open this summer. They are located along TWY S, between gate D4 and the Go terminal.

Gates C34, C36 and C38 were recently reconstructed and are now called C34 only.

I hope you can incorporate these changes in your work, so that when the scenery is eventually released, it is as close to reality as possible.

Working at the airport, let me know if there's further stuff (pictures, info) from here you need and I'll see what I can do for you.

Finally, a question: A group of Danish FS enthusiasts have produced a freeware scenery called DanVFR, which provides corrected coast lines and lots of landmarks all across Denmark; not least in the Copenhagen area. Will your scenery be compatible with this?

Rgds
JB

Great you brought the FS construction workers up to speed! ;-) Would be nice to see the new changes implemented in the scenery. There have also been changes to the other end of the C gates, raising the building with 1,8 meters around gate C23 (now/soon Gate C27)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm 

C23 have already been renamed to C27.

/Peter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 am 

janbroe wrote:

JB

Very interesting! I didn't know, that there were gates supporting the A380 at CPH?? Is the rest of the airport even capable of handling the A380? I know that other airports, had several construction enhancements, to support this aircraft. Would be very interesting to see the A380 inserted on a route to CPH :D... Although I would have my doubts, that the passenger numbers would be sufficient.

Which gates would support the A380 then?

Hope to see some screenshots soon regarding this project. I was announced by Thorsten, soooo long ago! ;)

Best regards,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:16 pm 

Quote:
Very interesting! I didn't know, that there were gates supporting the A380 at CPH?? Is the rest of the airport even capable of handling the A380? I know that other airports, had several construction enhancements, to support this aircraft. Would be very interesting to see the A380 inserted on a route to CPH :D... Although I would have my doubts, that the passenger numbers would be sufficient.

Which gates would support the A380 then?

Hope to see some screenshots soon regarding this project. I was announced by Thorsten, soooo long ago! ;)

Best regards

The LH A380 visited CPH some years ago, so technically it is possible. However, the runway and taxiways are actually not wide enough for the A380 and I am sure you won't see a scheduled A380 route at CPH, before the taxiways and runways have been widened.

Page 4 of 7 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next